The PHS Counseling Center is here to serve our student community by providing the information and resources students need to achieve their academic and career goals. We encourage all students to meet regularly with one of our counselors; we’re armed with information you need and happy to help.
Planning for the future can be overwhelming. The following websites have a multitude of timely information that can help your planning process.
- Education Quest - Information on creating an activities resume, a financial aid estimator, college planning tips, and scholarship searches
- ACT Student - Register for the ACT test, practice questions, and college planning resources
- SAT - Register for the SAT
- PSAT/NMSQT - View your scores
- College Board - Register for the SAT test, practice questions, and college planning resources
- Big Future - Find a college, access financial aid resources, and make a plan for your future
- On to College - Explore this video test prep course. This course has a proven record of increasing ACT/SAT scores.
Bullying Prevention and Counseling
PHS counselors are also available to meet with students with social concerns like bullying and cyberbullying. Platteview High School and SPCS does not endorse specific websites. The links below merely serve as external resources available to our school community.
- Anti-Defamation League: Bullying/Cyberbullying - Provides strategies and resources for educators, youth, and families to respond to and help prevent bullying and cyberbullying
- PACER National Center for Bullying Prevention - Provides resources for adults and students about bullying
- Stopbullying.gov - Provides prevention and response strategies for parents, educators, community leaders, children, and youth about bullying and cyberbullying including fact sheets, tips, videos, blogs, and a resource inventory in both English and Spanish