Fine and Performing Arts
At PHS, we believe that the fine and performing arts are important parts of the curriculum. Even if our students don’t go on to become professional artists, musicians, or actors, we’re confident that their exposure to the arts under our care opens their minds to the beauty our world has to offer—something that will stay with them for a lifetime.
- Instrumental Music
- Play Production
- Vocal Music
Fine Arts Friends
The Fine Arts Friends supports One Act, show choir, vocal music, art, speech, and the musical at Platteview. We help with fundraising for the needs of these programs and gathering parent volunteers to assist with the volunteering as needed.
All Fine Arts parents are members of the Fine Arts Friends. We will have meetings to discuss upcoming needs for each production. There will be opportunities for parents to help financially and with hands on work.
Opportunities to volunteer:
- Serving meals to students during tech week or choreography days.
- Set building and painting.
- Costume help (finding costumes, measuring, and fitting, steaming, and repairing).
- Publicity for shows (Contacting media and sharing on social media. Helping with the program).
- Help with an outing for students (seeing a show at a local theatre).
- Work tables for fundraising events.
- Work concessions for the Fine Arts Friends.
- Be a resource for Fine Arts students. Help with portfolio reviews or preparing for auditions.
- Assist with a college signing if we have a student going to college for a Fine Arts degree.
Opportunities to give financially:
- Purchase a listing in the programs for One Act or the musical.
- Purchase food for students when needed. Or contribute money for food purchases.
- Contribute to the Fine Arts Friends fund to help fund needs.
Money raised by Fine Arts Friends will fund:
- Art, speech, or performance needs.
- Food for students.
- Outings for students.
- Other things as they come up.
For more information, email the Fine Arts Friends or contact the board members: Holly McAtee, Lana Becerra, Lisa Ferguson, or Kaela Heneger.